Friday, December 25, 2009

Cooking




Will has been learning to cook at daycare and wanted to start helping to make dinner.  Who am I to disuade a potential sous chef in training, so Will and I have been making dinners together.  He always starts a cooking project by asking what the ingredients are.


He also helped both Chris and I make Thanksgiving dinner.  He helped me to make pumpkin pie and stuffing and helped Chris to make cranberry relish.  He is really proud to be helping.



He had a very good time helping me to make Santa Clause cookies this year.  He liked the mixer very much and enjoyed turning it on and off.  This was all well and good, until I added the flour.... the flour went everywhere, but it was almost worth it to see the look of surprise on Will's face as the flour shot out of the mixer.  Nothing like baking to teach about cause and effect.

No comments: